Cracking WEP with Windows(no clients + easy)
ORIGINALLY POSTED BY LIMESEED FOR THETAZZONE/TAZFORUM HERE
Do not use, republish, in whole or in part, without the consent of the Author. TheTAZZone policy is that Authors retain the rights to the work they submit and/or post…we do not sell, publish, transmit, or have the right to give permission for such…TheTAZZone merely retains the right to use, retain, and publish submitted work within it’s Network
I know i’ve been annoying and spamming a lot of people with questions and shit, so its time for me to make up for it by making a tutorial helping all of the people with problems with injecting with commview. Enjoy!
Sorry i could not put this under the tutorials section, it wouldn’t let me
moved by DaFoxx
Things You Need:
- 2 Wireless Network Adapters (one has to be compatible with commview for wifi and work with packet sending a.k.a. go to this page and make sure you have one adapter that is not listed under “old 802.11b adapters”
: I use AR5006EX mini pci express adapter (built in with my laptop), and for about 20$ including shipping i bought this
seller has 100% positive so you can bid wit confidance!! lol
- Commview for Wifi (
- Aircrack-ng (
Time to start tutorial
1) Unzip and install Commview, then paste the included “cv.exe” to the directory you installed it to (c:\program files\commviewwifi)
2) Open commview and install the commview drivers to a card. It should prompt you about your card and than automatically install the driver. It is important that you have 1 card that works with commview or else the rest of the tutorial will not work
3)now go to the “rules” tab and check “enable advanced rules”
4)type in the box labled formula “tods=1 and dmac=FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF” then type a name for your formula in the box labled name and than click add/edit.
5)it should now appear in the upper box. if it is not checked, check it.
6)now click settings>options>memory usage and turn maximum packets in buffer to 20000 (max). If it prompts you to restart it, do so. There are three funnel looking things on the main menu bar of commview. uncheck all but the first one (one labled “capture data packets”)
7) now click the play button and scan for the network you want to crack.
once you have found it, drag the channel menu down to the desired channel and click capture.
9) now using your other adapter thats not capturing, connect to the password protected network. when it asks you for key, type in something random, i used 1234567890.
10) it should now say connected with limited connectivity. (same as being associated!!)
11)go back to your commview menu and click on the packets tab. you should see a couple of packets.
12) looking at the protocol column, you should see a couple labled IP/UDP, ARP REQ, and a couple of others. Right click on any packet labled “ARP REQ” and than click send packet, and selected. A mini menu should now appear.
13) on the mini menu, change packets per second to 2000, and rather than 1 time(s), click continuously, and Then click send.
14) now go back to the main commview window and go to the rules tab, and uncheck the rule you made.
15) You are now injecting and you should see the number of packets rising really fast. it has been around 1 min and 30 seconds and i have around 29000 data packets already!!
16)to save the packets, you have to save every 20000 packets, click file, save and than in the save dialogue, remember where you saved it, and instead of saving it as an ncf file, save it as a “dump” .cap file.
17) configure aircrack-ng (there are millions of tutorials on how to do this im not going to show you how.)
18)open aircrack-ng-GUI and select the files you saved, and than click launch.
19)Look at the list of IV’s you have, and select the network you want to crack , there should be a list of alot of them, chose the one with the most ivs.
20)viola! It should begin cracking and i usually get around 200000-250000 ivs and it cracks in around 0 seconds with a 64 bit key!! congrats you can now crack WEP without annoying unstable aireplay-ng!!
*for people who are not novices to commview for wifi, instead of saving every 20000, because that gets annoying, you can configure autologging as it will let you make 100MB files with around 100,000 packets, so you only need 2 files, you will have to manually open these and convert them from ncf to cap files!!
questions, just reply, i tend to write these too fast and leave out something so just ask! Let me know any improvements!