TheTAZZone - Internet Chaos

Cracking WEP with Windows(no clients + easy)

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY LIMESEED FOR THETAZZONE/TAZFORUM HERE

Do not use, republish, in whole or in part, without the consent of the Author. TheTAZZone policy is that Authors retain the rights to the work they submit and/or post…we do not sell, publish, transmit, or have the right to give permission for such…TheTAZZone merely retains the right to use, retain, and publish submitted work within it’s Network

I know i’ve been annoying and spamming a lot of people with questions and shit, so its time for me to make up for it by making a tutorial helping all of the people with problems with injecting with commview. Enjoy!
Sorry i could not put this under the tutorials section, it wouldn’t let me
moved by DaFoxx
Things You Need:
- 2 Wireless Network Adapters (one has to be compatible with commview for wifi and work with packet sending a.k.a. go to this page and make sure you have one adapter that is not listed under “old 802.11b adapters”

: I use AR5006EX mini pci express adapter (built in with my laptop), and for about 20$ including shipping i bought this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Linksys-Wireless-B- … dZViewItem

seller has 100% positive so you can bid wit confidance!! lol
- Commview for Wifi (

- Aircrack-ng (

_____________________________________________

Time to start tutorial

1) Unzip and install Commview, then paste the included “cv.exe” to the directory you installed it to (c:\program files\commviewwifi)

2) Open commview and install the commview drivers to a card. It should prompt you about your card and than automatically install the driver. It is important that you have 1 card that works with commview or else the rest of the tutorial will not work

3)now go to the “rules” tab and check “enable advanced rules”

4)type in the box labled formula “tods=1 and dmac=FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF” then type a name for your formula in the box labled name and than click add/edit.

5)it should now appear in the upper box. if it is not checked, check it.

6)now click settings>options>memory usage and turn maximum packets in buffer to 20000 (max). If it prompts you to restart it, do so. There are three funnel looking things on the main menu bar of commview. uncheck all but the first one (one labled “capture data packets”)

7) now click the play button and scan for the network you want to crack.

8)once you have found it, drag the channel menu down to the desired channel and click capture.

9) now using your other adapter thats not capturing, connect to the password protected network. when it asks you for key, type in something random, i used 1234567890.

10) it should now say connected with limited connectivity. (same as being associated!!)

11)go back to your commview menu and click on the packets tab. you should see a couple of packets.

12) looking at the protocol column, you should see a couple labled IP/UDP, ARP REQ, and a couple of others. Right click on any packet labled “ARP REQ” and than click send packet, and selected. A mini menu should now appear.

13) on the mini menu, change packets per second to 2000, and rather than 1 time(s), click continuously, and Then click send.

14) now go back to the main commview window and go to the rules tab, and uncheck the rule you made.

15) You are now injecting and you should see the number of packets rising really fast. it has been around 1 min and 30 seconds and i have around 29000 data packets already!!

16)to save the packets, you have to save every 20000 packets, click file, save and than in the save dialogue, remember where you saved it, and instead of saving it as an ncf file, save it as a “dump” .cap file.

17) configure aircrack-ng (there are millions of tutorials on how to do this im not going to show you how.)

18)open aircrack-ng-GUI and select the files you saved, and than click launch.

19)Look at the list of IV’s you have, and select the network you want to crack , there should be a list of alot of them, chose the one with the most ivs.

20)viola! It should begin cracking and i usually get around 200000-250000 ivs and it cracks in around 0 seconds with a 64 bit key!! congrats you can now crack WEP without annoying unstable aireplay-ng!!

*for people who are not novices to commview for wifi, instead of saving every 20000, because that gets annoying, you can configure autologging as it will let you make 100MB files with around 100,000 packets, so you only need 2 files, you will have to manually open these and convert them from ncf to cap files!!

questions, just reply, i tend to write these too fast and leave out something so just ask! Let me know any improvements!

21 Responses to Cracking WEP with Windows(no clients + easy)

1. admin April 3, 2012 at 6:36 pm

Hi Tim,

Yep, I go by TAZ or Eg…either’s good. ;)

I appreciate your input, and would welcome your post updates and/or your attempt to update the tutorial.

Thanks,
    Eg ( TAZ )

2. Tim April 3, 2012 at 3:47 am

Backtracking a bit, I do fully appreciate the effort that went into writing the article…I had fun playing with it after getting my laptop to run two wireless cards, even though I had no success. Moving on, I understand it wasn’t written for the “casual” user, who probably woke up one morning and said “hey, I wanna crack WEPs today.” But thats who’s here now, and you’re basically stuck with “how do I, how do I..” all day long. So how do we fix that? Personally, I’d really like to see this article re-written a bit clearer, so maybe a “wiki” type of setup? Here’s one example. I actuallyt printed the instructions and spent some time with it. Everything was clear enough to follow (I do know my 802.11 from a hole in the ground), but..#19 started talking about “IVs” – I hadn’t yet encountered anything called an “IV” till that point. I didn’t “have” any IVs, probably because step 10 failed (it never “associated”, just failed the connection). I could have worked around it, had I known what IV stood for – I coulda looked it up. Anyway, thats just one example. I’m not sure social networking would kill this type of forum. There’s a demand for…lets say, less than completely moral “wifi research”, and I dont see anything like that on public social networking services. Thats why I ended up here! And likewise, all these other people as well. :) Anyway, I’m still toying with this, and will be happy to post the results…would ask anyone else to please do the same. Would also like to know if one computer has to run two wireless adapters, or two computers could be employed to run one each? Not sure it would matter in my case, but it’d be good to know. I posted my website with my comment, feel free to use the contact link on the site any of you have anything to contribute to this. If two or more people can get together and figure this out, I could rewrite the article, and give it to Tazz (is that the name you use?) to post. :)

3. admin March 31, 2012 at 9:47 am

Hi Tim,

There’s really no need to address your assumptions because they aren’t true at all. So…moving on…the author wrote his tutorials for people with some knowledge in the area, not for novices, and as a result most of the questions he fields are from novices. So ” You have to pretend you’re talking to a complete idiot. ” would not apply.

These are experts in their field. Several of our tutorial writers are very accomplished and respected SysAdmins. Several of our tutorials are on University recommended reading lists.

They are not meant for people just starting out. Who have no education or experience in the area. And are just looking for an easy way to get into hacking or security.

As for ” at the very least, come back to the article’s comments section to try and answer questions “…as you should be well aware, forum communities are on a backslide because of social-networking sites. Members come and go. There’s no way we can restrain a member to stay and field a tutorial he wrote several years ago. Members are free to move on…unfortunately that sometimes means they’re no longer able to answer questions, but that’s the nature of forum communities.

Hopefully, in time, forum communities will see a renaissance of sorts, but that’s not likely in the near future. Social networking sites have, for the most part, killed forums.

I hope this answers some of your ‘ suspicions ‘.

Remember…you are responding to a tutorial that was written by one of our members in January 2008…more than 4 years ago. ;)

Thanks,
    Eg

4. Tim March 30, 2012 at 9:32 pm

The tutorial also says “questions, just reply”, which apparently isn’t helping anyone. Also says, “i tend to write these too fast and leave out something” – Why bother writing it if the author doesn’t take the time to do it right? All it does is waste people’s time and cause aggravation for both the viewers and the admin. I’m sure the author know his stuff (it appears so!) but he needs to brush up on writing tutorials. You have to pretend you’re talking to a complete idiot. Spell everything out carefully. Leave nothing out. Don’t abbreviate or use acronyms. Don’t try to set a speed record when you type. (I could go on but wont. You’re welcome.) I’m also a little suspicious that maybe this article was intentionally written this way to get people to join the forum. If I wrote an article of such great importance as this one, I would, at the very least, come back to the article’s comments section to try and answer questions. It just sounds like Priority One is building the forum’s members list.

5. admin March 29, 2012 at 8:41 am

Hi docker…it’s best if you’re having problems to ask questions in our forum at http://www.tazforum.thetazzone.com because our forum members wrote these tutorials.

Thanks
    Eg

6. admin January 9, 2012 at 10:49 pm

Hi ca$emod$,

The best place to ask technical questions is our forum at http://www.tazforum.thetazzone.com that’s where you’ll get the best help

Thanks
    Eg

7. deepspace September 28, 2011 at 9:16 pm

Step 9 >
    You use the First adapter (compatible with CommView) for listening to the Second adapter connecting to the target network.

8. deepspace September 28, 2011 at 9:10 pm

come on guys (Sam, Krein & Andy) … the author says clearly at the beginning:
    “Things You Need:
    - 2 Wireless Network Adapters …”
    So quit asking about step 9!

9. admin August 4, 2011 at 8:52 am

Sorry Andy but it was the members of our forum who wrote these tutorials so it is the best place to ask your questions, as you can see this site is primarily games and music, we display our members tutorials here as well but the people who wrote them are in the forum.

Thanks.
    Eg

Like many forums TAZforum has been greatly impacted by the rise of social networking sites, I hope the members we have can help you.

10. Andy August 3, 2011 at 8:36 pm

No, you’re incorrect. We should not direct all questions to members in your forum. We’re not looking for help from them; we’re looking for a correction or definition in the tutorial. There’s no mention of another ‘adapter that’s not capturing.’ I assume you mean that we need a second adapter, is that right? We’re just looking for clarification of this tutorial, not further information.

Thanks!

11. admin February 19, 2011 at 7:43 am

Hello fazlie…you should direct all questions to our members in our forum http://www.tazforum.thetazzone.com

Thanks!

12. fazlie February 18, 2011 at 11:10 pm

Almost.. yup.. almost work.. been using beini all this while with high rate of success.. 8 out of 10 attacks.. except when my neighbor is using Cisco’s router.. hell I had to wait for a clients atleast.. tried you solution..  and face same issue like SJ.. any clear cut solutions ?

13. admin October 24, 2010 at 4:58 pm

Hi SJ, best thing is to join our forum and pose your question there http://www.tazforum.thetazzone.com the author of the tutorial or someone else should be able to help you.

14. SJ October 21, 2010 at 6:53 pm

This seems like good stuff up to the point where you’ve written “looking at the protocol column, you should see a couple labled IP/UDP, ARP REQ, ”

All i see is DATA.ENCR in the Protocol column

I can find some arp packets in wireshark whilst limitedly connected to the network, but cant send them

15. admin October 2, 2010 at 5:20 pm

Hi oks,

The best thing to do when you have a question regarding a tutorial is to go to the forum ( http://www.tazforum.thetazzone.com ) where the author or someone with authority on the matter might be able to answer.

Thanks

16. admin December 4, 2009 at 10:06 pm

Hi krein,

the only thing I can suggest is the same advice I gave to sam…you should join our forum and ask in the thread, you’d probably find your answer.

17. krein December 4, 2009 at 9:32 am

ya ya same question…what is mean by step 9?????????????????????how to do it???
    i will be very thankful if anyone can help….pls

18. sam August 31, 2009 at 12:49 am

Hi, i need help, I dont understand the 9 step of the instruction, wich are my other adapters that are not capturing?thx

19. admin August 19, 2009 at 8:11 am

Best thing to do is to join our forum and ask the experts there. :D

20. Someone August 16, 2009 at 1:20 am

I don’t think this works with me.