Well…Twitter has taken a backseat to other more reliable sites lately…for a variety of reasons…the main ones being ( in no specific order ):
1. excessive questionable product marketing
2. spam DM’s
3. link spamming to less than reputable sites
4. problems with the followers and following lists changing without doing anything ( eg. I apparently unfollowed over a 100 people the other day and I didn’t do it…and this is not the first time this has happened )
6. being unable to unfavorite favorites and other associated issues
7. 140 characters is not enough to have a good conversation with anyone
Overall I am very disappointed with Twitter…I’ve made some good friends, but the limitations of Twitter are not conducive to maintaining those relationships beyond mere quips…
I was never much of a chat person…I prefer the comfort of a forum where you can have extended conversations and really get to know the people you are talking to.
Which is why we created TwitBlip
I really think my days at Twitter are numbered…as I have increasing less interest in being there.
I will continue to promote my friends and my “Best Twitters to Follow” List…and make the occasional comment …but I think that my presence there will be random at best.
My friends can continue to catch me on Blip.fm
and at TwitBlip
and you’re always welcome to visit our sites and leave comments ( checked often 😀 )…we like comments 😀
I’ll still be around Twitter…just not very often.